Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Promise Me Darkness by Paige Weaver



There is a REASON this is a New York Times & (2) time USA Today Bestseller!!!
Promise Me Darkness had me fighting the sleepy monster all night!
I had to MAKE myself go to sleep, and it wasn't easy...
I tossed and turned, and when sleep finally took me, I dreamed of them!

I'm reeling right now because I have so many emotions, and I feel like they're going to burst at any moment...

Gosh, from the beginning I was kidnapped.
Completely hooked from the start.

As things progressed, I couldn't shut them out.
Maddie and Ryder were inside my brain.

I had to know what was happening next.
Had to!

Would he stay with her?
Would they fall in love?
Would they be ok?
Would they survive?

I HAD to know if things would go in the direction I wanted them to, among all kinds of other crazed thoughts I'll try to save you from...

But, okay...
You wanna get crazy?
Let's get crazy!
Promise Me Darkness just *might* be one of my Top 2 favorite books - Ever.
There I said it...

Anyone who knows me, knows this is big.
BIG!!!

One of my friends even said are you suuuuure?!?

I laugh thinking about it, but yes....I'm sure!

You MUST read this story!
Feel the angst and passion and angst...
I just couldn't get enough.

It doesn't hurt that Ryder is the ultimate protector.
He's tatted and has the whole-some yet bad boy persona, which I loooooove!

If you love your bad boys, treat yourself to some Ryder, ladies!

*Tip - This is more Dystopian, N.A. (New Adult) than Erotic, for you folks expecting this story to revolve around that.  Tip 2 - I wasn't disappointed in that department either.*

So what's Promise Me Darkness about?

"He was my darkness and I was his light. We couldn't exist without each other."

For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn't drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect. 

But that was about to change.

Ryder Delaney was the one imperfection in my life. He was the bad boy, the black sheep, the one your mother always warned you about. He had only one hard-and-fast rule - Don't fall in love. 

But some rules were meant to be broken.

We were best friends, inseparable since childhood despite our differences. I knew the real man hiding behind the tattoos and bad attitude. He knew all my secrets and dreams. But he didn't know there was one thing I wanted and couldn't have...him.

But sometimes Fate has a way of intervening. Soon our world collapsed. War erupted. Darkness prevailed. Alone and on the run, our only goal was to survive and to ignore the feelings we had for each other. But love is powerful...

and so is the darkness."

***************

I love this part of the synopsis:

"We were best friends, inseparable since childhood despite our differences. I knew the real man hiding behind the tattoos and bad attitude. He knew all my secrets and dreams. But he didn't know there was one thing I wanted and couldn't have...him."


"Him..." - It's always that forbidden thing for me!

Now...
Don't just sit around.
One-Click it.
Then hide yourself in a room and don't escape until you're through.
There is no "Thank You" Card required, but
You're Welcome!



5 Stars!  5 Stars!  5 Stars!

If you like all my other 5 Stars Reads, you're SURE to LOVE this!!!



Thank you Miss Paige for responding and re-tweeting my review!
Made me feel like Christmas came early.
*Grins*





No comments:

Post a Comment