Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Hyde (An Urban Fantasy) by Lauren Stewart


Wow...is what I need to say!

It was spelled out for me in the synopsis as to what Hyde would be about, and honestly, I had a pretty good idea...but I still wasn't expecting *this*!

Now let me start by saying that when I posted to all you Bookie's what I was reading - I had mentioned that I hoped this would be a "mind blogging event"...

Well...
Lauren Stewart, Mitch, and Eden did not let me down!

Hyde was very different (in ways) from my "normal" read, so I found this refreshing. 

Want more?
Yep - There's an extra bonus!
This book is almost 1,000 pages long, and right now you can get all the glorious goods for $.99!

Hyde, has a romantic, paranormal-y type glow to it - Hence the "Urban Fantasy" Title.
Very well worth the $.99 (and then some)!

So what's Hyde about?

Mitch is a successful life coach, but is mean and rude and crude to 99.9% of the outside world. Including his clients!

Eden is sweet and innocent, mostly.
Very much the girl next door.

Eden and Mitch met one night in a very surreal way.

Mitch has fond memories of their meet and greet, but Eden...
Well, she has no recollection at all.

While Eden struggles with herself on how she could forget something so eventful, her genetically engineered inner conscious, Chastity, keeps showing up at Mitch's doorstep.

Mitch, with his B.A. attitude, is highly annoyed by Eden's surprise arrivals, but somehow figures out why she's doing this.

Even though it almost traumatizes him that she (Eden/Chastity) could be like him (Hyde), he eventually tries to show Eden what she is, without becoming attached to her, but more importantly he can't lose his demonic spunk.  The kicker? He may be falling for her, as much as he can't be with her.

However, not loving her is proving to be difficult, as he quickly becomes her protector and she becomes his in a way no one ever has been before. *Jumps up and down*

In the meantime, these two have no idea what kind of true situation they are in.

They are being watched.
Manipulated without knowledge, and are
Being controlled.

Now all they know is that "in life, who you trust is as important as who you are. And when you can't even trust yourself, sometimes the only person you can rely on is the last person on earth you should be falling for." - Couldn't have said it better myself!


4.5 Stars
Would have been a 5 star'er, but it just up and ended, with no ending!
What's up with that?!?

On a side note - 
 I'm not sure exactly why I loved this book as much as I did...
Maybe it was the secrets?
The fairytale like scenarios.
The monsters inside of them.
The monsters inside of us?
Either way, I couldn't get enough and am VERY much looking forward to Jekyll (Hyde Book II)!

YAY!  Another complement from an author.  Thank you so much Lauren Stewart for reading and acknowledging my review.
It's the little things in life that make me so happy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment