Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

A Different Kind of Fairy Tale (Spring Towers Series #1) by Morgan Rayne



This is a good {FREE!} book to read!

It was a fast read.
I read it in a days time, and
It was sexy, and
Fun, and
I liked the story.

BUT, even though I enjoyed this book, it was one that seemed to take forever to get to the "Magic" Moment.  It's not that the journey there wasn't fun, but it drug out a little too long for my taste.

Stella, one of the main characters, is a total football junkie, and at 1st, I thought that was going to make it hard for me to relate to her, but it really wasn't.

Even though, her passion is football, she is still very much a girl.
A tom-girl, but
Still a girl.

I enjoyed the flirting, cooking, secret glances and playful banter scenario's between Stella and her neighbor, Alex.

I could feel that secret lust burning inside both of them, (which is why I wanted my "Magic" Moment!) but...I wasn't sure if it was ever going to turn into something more.

They both kept beating around the bush.  *Pouts*

It's like you think it's going to happen...but then you don't.
Then you think they will...and then you don't...

This happens several times throughout the story, so I was glad when they pulled themselves into that vulnerable state, so they'd just get together all ready!

We were all routing for them.
They just had to do the work!

Once they were finally together...
Sparks flew and they were smokin'!
But man, did I ever just want to reach into this book and MAKE THEM kiss, hug, touch. SOMETHING!

Whew...
All in all...I'm glad I got my moment *Grins*

So what's A Different Kind of Fairy Tale (Spring Towers) about?

Here's the Blurb -

"Stella and Alex have been best friends since Stella moved into Spring Towers three years ago. Alex kept reminding himself that Stella was just one of the guys and off limits. That is until her ex shows up, engaged to the woman he cheated on her with and Stella needs an immediate boyfriend. The sparks fly between these two best friends, but can their friendship survive their new roles?"

All in all a great premise to the story...
I like the best friend, neighborly, off limits thing.

The ending kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I was expecting more from Stella.  It was like everything we had been waiting for literally came together in about 5 pages. *Shrugs*

3.75 Stars
Spring Tower #1

That said; I liked all the characters, so will most likely read the 2nd installment - Let Me Love You (Spring Towers) .

I do love the way it sounds!!!

"Four years is a long time to keep a secret, but Lindsay Pierce has done just that. In book 2 of the Spring Towers Series, Lindsay fights to keep her dark past hidden, while one sexy fireman tries to convince her to take a chance on happiness.

Kyle has given up his playboy ways, in the hopes of finally finding love. His sights are set on one fiesty redhead, but she is determined to stay far away from him. Knowing she has been hurt before, Kyle sets out to prove she can trust him and if he's lucky, she will let him love her the way she deserves."




No comments:

Post a Comment