Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Honey Lime Shrimp

Here's to adding another recipe to my "Under the Sea" category...

Today's specialty?  Honey Lime Shrimp!  Mmm...This was quite tasty.  After making this recipe twice now, I highly recommend letting the shrimp marinade for 90 min's.  The 1st time, I let them chill for just over the 30 min's and that extra marinade time, really made all the difference.  It went from a "Meh...It's good" recipe, to a taste bud explosion!

I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it comes to you from The Dough Will Rise Again.



Honey Lime Shrimp
(serves 2)
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T honey
juice of one small lime, or half a large lime (2-3 T)
zest of one small lime, or half a large lime
2 cloves garlic, smashed (I used minced)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I used about 1/2 that the 1st time, and the full amount the second time)

To start, grab a bowl, and combine all the marinade ingredients, and add shrimp.  With a spoon I tossed the shrimp to cover them completely.  As the original author mentioned, a Ziploc bag is also a great way to go, but I tend to skip that method unless I'm traveling...
My additional tip for you today is about using honey...Honey is such a simple ingredient to use, and many vere from it, because it can be such a mess to clean up.  Well I promise you, if you use this technique you'll never stray away anymore.  It's simple...just spray your measuring spoon with Pam before pouring.  This helps the honey not to stick. It's as simple as that!



Once everything is in the bowl and marinading, you can run off and watch a movie or better yet make a delicious dessert.

After about 90 min's, heat a skillet on Medium-High Heat. I used about a tsp of the marinade in the skillet, to have a base (so they wouldn't stick), but they really have plenty of oil already, so this is optional.

Once your skillet is hot, add the shrimp, and cook 1-3 min's per side, depending on the size of shrimp you have.  You'll know they're ready to flip when they start to look less translucent and turn pink in color.
They're ready to flip
What I love most about these?  The more batches you cook, the more caramelized the pan gets, and OH.MY.GOSH (!!!)  The sweetness from the honey and the acidity from the lime, was something to keep me daydreaming about!!

Thanks The Dough Will Rise Again, for sharing such a great recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment