Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Cowboy Elmo's Mac & Cheese

My husband has had to take a couple business trips over the last few months, so it's just been me and the kiddo to fend for ourselves at dinnertime.  Are you with me when I say it seems harder to cook for 2?  Word.

Anywho...My daughter got a Sesame Street Cookbook several weeks back, and I swear she will just sit there, and stare, looking at this thing for literally hours.  So...I decided it was time to make something out of it.  Can you guess what we found in there?

Cowboy Elmo's Mac & Cheese...

Elmo? Win.  Mac & Cheese? Win. 


To top it off, it only called for a few ingredients, so it was perfect!

You'll Need:
12 oz of Elbow Macaroni
8 slices of American Cheese
1/4c. Milk
2 Tbsp of Butter/Margarine
Salt

Boil your water, as you normally would.  Add pasta, stir, and cook per the directions on your box, stirring occasionally.   Not to promote companies all the time, but American Beauty has a new 3 minute pasta.  Yep - It's awesome.  Check it out.

While the pasta is cooking, I quartered my cheese.
When the pasta timer chimes; Drain the water, and place your pan back on the stove.
Add butter.
Add cheese and stir until fully melted.  FYI:  I did mine in batches.
Spoon it up for your sweets, and ENJOY!

I have to say, it was actually really good with the addition of salt.

It heated up really well too, if you add a tiny touch of milk.  This was was surprising to me, because our household typically doesn't "DO" leftover mac n' cheese...

La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, Elmo's World.... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment