Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Starbucks (Smarbucksty) "Skinny" Pumpkin Spice Latte - Copycat

This recipe is legit.  Skinny or not!

Let me just start by saying, I'm not a coffee drinker, but something about hearing Pumpkin Spice Latte, a million and one times a day, got me thinkin'..."This stuff must be really good", and WOAH baby...it is!


With my new found latte love, a whisk, and some determination, I started mixing around in my kitchen to see if I could mimic these tasty little treats.  Well, I tell you what...I came pretty close, but something about mine still wasn't quite right.  It was still drinkable, but didn't have that rich factor to it, that made the drink, THE DRINK.  Um-Kay...


So I turned to the internet to see what was out there.  Believe it or not, there are TONS of these recipes, but of the ones I tried, this one's the keeper!

By the way, if any of you are wondering, what I was missing? It was Half n' Half & Brown Sugar.  Doh!  Milk does a pretty good job alone, but the half n' half really brings a yumminess factor it!

If you have a pumpkin spice latte addiction too;

You'll Need:
(XL recipe) 
A very tall coffee cup or glass
1c. milk (any %)
2 tsp. of canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp. of brown sugar
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I prefer just shy of 1/2tsp)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2c. very strong coffee (the stronger the better)
4Tbsp. Half n' Half
2 tsp. white sugar
whipped cream for topping

To get started, you'll begin my making your pumpkin milk.  You'll need a microwaveable measuring cup.  Measure your milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin spice, then microwave for 2 minutes.  As RecipeGirl stated in her directions, you'll want to make sure to remove it when the milk is hot & frothy.  Pour your pumpkin milk into a tall cup, then add hot coffee, then cream. Add white sugar, stir, and taste. Add more sugar, if desired. I REALLY loved mine with 3tsp. of white sug!!

Top your homemade latte with whipped cream, and celebrate that you can have Pumpkin Latte's Year Round! *Happy Dance, Happy Dance*
By the way - Another fantastic tip that RecipeGirl provided, is how to make your own pumpkin spice if its not readily available in your area. She says to "mix equal parts of cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg- and measure from there."  Genius, I tell you.  Genius!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment