Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crock Pot Cube Steak and Gravy

When the weather starts to put off a nice chill, one of the 1st things I do is dig out my crock pot.

My crock pot and I, have always had a love/hate relationship.  I love the ease, but despise the clean up!  That is, until I found the infamous crock pot liners!!  Ever heard of them? 

This is not a paid advertisement, but it should be! These babies are fantastic!!  They cost about $3-4 (in my area), for 3 (maybe 4?) liners, and they are worth every penny!! 
 
So today, I'm going to show you a quick and easy recipe to get the spirit of fall rolling through your veins.

1st up - Cube Steak and Gravy.  Which I found over at The Post-It Place. The gravy in this recipe is soooo good.  We served over mashed potatoes to sop it all up, but I can see this being just as good over rice!

When the dinner bell rings, this is what you'll be serving:
 Are you hungry yet?  Thought so! ;)  Let's get started!


You'll Need:
2-3lbs of cube steak
2 cans of cream of soup (I used mushroom with roasted garlic)
1 envelope of onion soup mix
3/4c. water
salt/pepper to taste

For those of you that buy your meat at the grocery store, you'll be able to skip this step.
We buy from a local farmer, and the steaks are put into the package as a large steak. As you'll see below, cutting is an absolute cinch.  FYI: I prefer to cut up the steaks prior to cooking.
My kitchen sheers and I have a love-love relationship.  I use them for everything from opening vegetables packages, to snipping fresh herbs, to cutting meats.  If you don't have a pair.  Buy some.  TODAY!
Once your meat is cut, toss everything into the crock pot.
Cook on low for 6-8 hrs, or on high for 4.

Crock Potting It, Makes Me Happy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment