Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Changeable Initial Frame

Ever have that blank space on your wall that's yelling "Fill me", but you're just not quite sure what to fill it with?  I have a few spaces in my home like this.

I'd like to think that I am half way smart with my money.  Not cheap, but frugal...So when I find a piece that I know will fit perfectly in my home, I have zero problems adding it to my shopping cart, but if I'm just not sure about it, then I don't buy it.

Why?  Art, frames, and home decor are expensive!  Why spend a fortune on something you don't truly love?  Improvise!

So I came up with a super easy DIY that fits our temporary needs.  A changeable initial.

Unlike most monogrammed pieces you can find/make, they are stationary.  I like to change things up from time to time, so this idea was perfect for us.  Hope you'll enjoy it too.

So many decisions...

So little time!


You'll Need:
1 Frame
Piece of Scrapbook Paper
Monogram
Hot Glue Gun/Glue Sticks

First, you'll want to plug in your hot glue gun.  This project goes super quick!

Then start cutting down your scrapbook paper to fit inside your frame.  Add the paper to the frame, just like you would a picture.  Seal up the back.

To add your monogram, put a coat of glue on the back side, making sure not to get too close to the edges.  You don't want glue oozing out everywhere once you apply.

Now place the monogram directly onto the glass of the frame, and let dry.

I choose to add mine directly to the glass, so that if my need/want to redecorate arrises, then I can easily change out my scrapbook paper for something new and fresh. 

You could also use fabric rather than scrapbook paper.  That'd be cute too!






2 comments: