Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Undescribable by Shantel Tessier



I grabbed Undescribable off the shelf as soon as I saw the ebook was on sale for $1.99...and guess what?!  It's ONLY $.99 now! Heck yes!  I love a good book score!!

What I really liked about this book is it was kind of soap opera-ish...You get to read from his AND her point of views, which actually worked really well for this book.  I felt like I was able to relate, understand and even sometimes sympathize with them on some of the actions that are played out this way. Believe me, on one action in particular, there's a certain so and so who is going to need some understanding!

What I loved about this book?
The build up to the story.
How the story came together.
The heat throughout the story.
I felt like their story could really happen in real life.

What drove me crazy?
Aside from the super hot love scenes - Whew...*Fans self*
Sam's clamming up and staying closed off started to get on my nerves.  I love independence, don't get me wrong, but sometimes when it's played off too much, it's becomes an eye-roller.

I also felt like there was a lot of repetition, but in some cases, it felt necessary.

What didn't I like?
But I still kind of liked...There is another book to follow (!), but thank goodness there wasn't a cliffhanger. Those can sometimes be the death of me!

I felt satisfied with the way the story ended, but I still kinda wanted to know more.  It was almost as if we had finally reached the point of understanding and things were going just as they should when it just up and ended.

So, I felt like I was left hanging, but not.  

So what's it about?

Samantha, is a young college grad, who's followed her boyfriend to St. Louis. 

Over the course of 2 months, distance starts to grow between them, and Sam starts to worry about her boyfriend.  He's off staying out all hours of the night, not returning calls, and being distant.

One night, Sam gets wind that her boyfriend is hanging out at Slade's house.  The town's playboy.

After waiting hours and hours with no return call from her BF, she finally decides to call Slade.  Eep!

One phone call, and Slade is instantly entranced on Sam.  Her voice sounds like an angel and he literally stops everything he's doing to talk to her.  Even if it is a compromising position!

Weeks go by after the phone call and Slade is still thinking about Sam.  Her voice follows him.  Stays with him. He's borderline obsessed with it.

As time goes by, Slade finds out that through a series of events that Sam is currently single, and he'll let nothing stand in his way of making her his.

The problem?

Sam has had a troublesome past and has a broken heart (but not in the way you'd think it's broken).  She refuses to let anyone shatter her again, so Slade has his hands full as he tries to prove he's not the playboy everyone in town is used too.

And the games begin!

I enjoyed the characters of girlie girl Sam and the macho Slade, so all in all, I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Pick up your copy of Undescribable, now for $.99!

4 stars for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment