Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire


I HEART this book!  I heart Abby and Travis....but mostly, I just heart Travis.  *Sigh*

I had the hardest time putting this book down.  

I DEVOURED this book. 

Stayed up until 3am fighting off the sleepy monster, to figure out how in the heck it would all end.  *Sigh*

During the duration of the book, I felt like I was on a roller coaster.  It was gut clenching. The highs were high and the lows were low.  (Did you hear me say "low" in a baritone's voice?  Because that's what I did *Wink*)

Abby and Travis are both stubborn, adorable, irritating, lovable, yet somehow perfect together.

So what's it about?

Abby, is a new college student, who's moved away from home, trying to escape her past (more like run from it), and wanting to start anew.

When arriving to college with her best-friend, she mets the "lean, cut and covered in tattoos" (Oh, la-laTravis.  He's also a college student, attending the same University, but is more known for being a fighter/bad boy/man-whore.  The type most of us girls would eat up!  Am I right?!  Right.

Travis is exactly the type Abby is attracted to and is desperately trying to stay away from, but Travis is drawn to Abby and ends up making her a bet.  

If Abby wins, Travis has to abstain from sex for a month, but if she loses, she has to LIVE with him for a month.

This book is exactly what the title says - Beautiful Disaster and I LOVED every.single.minute of it!

One minute, I felt like my heart couldn't grow any bigger, and the next, I felt like it had been ripped out and stomped on.

So when I said "roller coaster", I meant it.  I laughed, got angry....at one point, I even wanted to put my Nook down and have a real good cry, because I was soooo upset (!!), but of course, I couldn't do that. That would mean that I'd have to stop reading!

This book will entrap you. 

What's even better?  You'll love every single moment of it, and when it's all over, "The End", you'll be thinking about it even more, and loving it even more than when you were reading it and *might* even consider re-reading it again!

Beautiful Disaster - Was 5 Stars for me!  5 friggin' stars!!


No comments:

Post a Comment