Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Personalize -It Tumbler

Who doesn't love personalization?!! Especially if you're a kid, someone who just got married, a Parent, Grandparent...you get the point!

This would make a great gift for Mother's Day, Father's Day, or even Grandparents Day gift, which just so happens to be THIS Sunday!

Let me start, by saying that this project was really just a fluke.  In fact, I didn't even come across this.  My daughter is the one who found it and exclaimed that we "needed" it.  Hmm...I can see her becoming a Hobby Lobby addict like her Mother :)

Anyway...This find is great!  I mean, who knew you could personalize these adorable cups...



You'll Need:
Personalize-It Tumbler Cup
Vellum or Scrapbook Paper
Your favorite 4x6 Picture (optional)
Scissors
Pencil, if desired
Double sided tape or glue stick (if using a picture)

To start, you're going to open up the bottom end of your glass (just twist), and remove the paper...
On a flat surface, trace and/or cut out your scrapbook paper,
I chose a see through piece, as I like to be able to see how much liquid is in my cup
To add a picture:

Line your picture up at the top of your pre-cut paper and trim in a half circle like fashion, so that the paper and picture are consistent
I flipped mine to the backside so it was easier to see what I was cutting
 
Then you're finished cutting, it should be seamless
On the back side of your photo, add some glue or double sided tape, and adhere to the paper.
Roll your pictured paper into a tube like fashion and insert back into the cup.




This was such a fun and easy project!  Hope you enjoy it too!!




No comments:

Post a Comment